Summer is upon us, and for a lot of us, that means the end of being cooped up in our houses waiting for the outside world to thaw. It also means warm weather, beautiful sun, and outdoor activities! Sometimes, it also means getting back into shape for a lot of people. Why not enjoy the outdoors while you get in shape (or stay in shape)? That’s why we’ve assembled a guide for the Best Summer Exercises! If you love the outdoors, we’re sure you’ll love these activities to get your cardio and muscle building in before it turns back into winter and you hide on your couch for several months! Let’s dive right into the Best Summer Exercises right now!
At The Beach
- Sand Jogging or Running – Sand is low-impact. That means it can take a lot longer for your muscles to tire. You’re more likely to be able to run longer and for farther than you would be able to on a hard surface.
- Swimming – Swimming is an entire body workout, and while sure, you could hit a pool during the winter months, there’s something much more satisfying about swimming in the ocean or lake that a pool just can’t provide.
- Paddleboarding – It may look relaxing, but it’s quite the workout. Balance requires core strength, and if you choose to do stand-up paddleboarding, you’ll really be giving yourself a workout.
- Kayaking – Have you ever been kayaking? It’s a lot harder than it looks. Not only is it a blast, but after a few hours of it, you’ll understand why it’s one of our Best Summer Exercises. It’s an incredible upper body workout!
At The Park
- Pull Ups – Most parks are equipped with playgrounds. That makes them one of the perfect places to do the best summer exercises. Monkey bars make excellent pull up bars as well. Just make sure to get out of the way for the kids. They just want to have fun.
- Bench Pushups – Doing pushups with your hands on the edge of a bench seat while your feet are on the ground are a great way to build upper body strength and core strength at the same time. Head over to the park, find a bench and start pushing!
- Tricep Dips – Similar to the pushups we just mentioned, but the dips will work your triceps. For these you may want to find a higher bench since using a low one may be hard on your back, depending on your size.
- Jump Rope – Okay, yes, you can jump rope anywhere, and maybe you did it all winter, but now you can do it outside! Parks are a great place to do it because you won’t be getting in anyone’s way since there’s plenty of space!
Best Summer Exercises | Miscellaneous
Obviously, there are far too many activities to list here. We’re just giving you some good ideas. There’s also hiking and rock climbing, or better yet, hiking to a rock to climb! We didn’t even scratch the surface of the sports you can head out and play, basketball, football, soccer, golf! No matter where you live, and no matter who you are, summer is the time to get out of the house and get moving! Enjoy it while it lasts because it’ll be winter before you know it again. Make the most of your time now!