We know that a bunch of our readers are here to find new ways to lose weight. But, it can be harmful to focus too much of your attention on the number on the scale. So, today we want to give you our two cents on the Body Positivity Movement.
When you’re trying to lose weight, it’s really important to remember to be thankful for the body that you have right now. It’s okay to want to change it, but if you’re shaming yourself because you weigh too much, that’s going to more to hinder you than help you. So, today we want to give you some of our tips on how to incorporate Body Positivity And Weight Loss together!
Body Positivity And Weight Loss
We all know how easy it is to fall into the trap of the modern-day society and what it tells us we should look like. No matter who you are, you’re painfully aware of the way you look, and it’s simply because outside sources try to tell us that the shape of our body gives us more worth. There’s even a whole Male Body Positivity movement!
When we say that everyone feels it, we mean everyone. So, how can we mesh healthy weight loss and Body Positivity? There are a few simple ways we can do this. The next section will cover some of our favorites.
Weight Loss Tips
We all know what it feels like to walk past a mirror and have that little voice in the back of our heads tell us we’re not as fit as we should be. Or as skinny. Or as muscular. It’s a mean little voice, but it’s there. So, here are a few of our tips on combining Body Positivity And Weight Loss.
- Be Patient: your body is yours alone. Your weight loss journey is going to be different than everyone else’s. You’ll do good to remember that.
- Focus On Health Overall: instead of focusing only on the number on the scale focus on the way you feel. Do you feel energetic and healthy? If not, then you have things to work on. If you do, great! You’re going in the right direction.
- Positive Self-Talk: when you notice that little voice berating you, turn it around. Stare back in the mirror and point out 1-3 things that you like about yourself! It can be as small as the color of your eyes. But switching your mind to think about the positive will help.
- Take In Other Forms Of Media: instead of buying the latest tabloid off the rack, go out of your way to find something that speaks positivity to you. Find some Body Positivity Articles online and take them in instead!
- Start A Workout Program: if you’re this self-conscious about yourself, do something to fix it! You’re the only one who can, so find a few Weight Loss Programs that make you feel good about yourself and stick to them! You deserve to feel good!
Those should give you a nice place to start!
The Problem With Body Positivity
Now, you’ve got a lot of our favorite Weight Loss Tips under your belt; now it’s time to talk about The Problem With Body Positivity.
It is wonderful to have confidence in your body. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But, there is a line. Being too far on either side of the spectrum can be amazingly unhealthy. If you’re not focused on your overall health, you can really cause havoc in your body, and you don’t want to do that. None of us do.
So, our word of warning is to make sure that you’re healthy. Some people are built curvy, and some are built small. But, no matter what your natural shape is, you have to stay healthy. So, if you’re concerned about your weight to the point of skipping meals, or binge eating, you need to consult a doctor. They’ll be able to help you through it!
And remember, you deserve to like what you see.
Final Thoughts On Body Positivity
It can be really tricky to find that fine line between health and Body Positivity, but it’s there, and you can do it. So, go out there and find the tricks that work for you! We hope that you’ve found some helpful things today to get you started!
Everyone deserves to feel great in their bodies, and all we want to do is help you in whatever way we can! Thank you for reading Best New Supplements today! Good luck on this journey of yours! And remember, you’re not the only one going through it!