Easy Leg Workouts, With No Equipment Required
Getting to the gym is hard. And, it takes a lot of motivation. So many people pay for monthly memberships and never use them. Then, not only do they feel bad for not getting to the gym but also for spending money on a pricey membership. You don’t have to go to a gym to get a good workout in. And, you it doesn’t take a lot of time either. There are simple, easy leg workouts you can do from the comfort of your own home. And, on your own time. If you only have 30 minutes before work, you can do these. If you find a little bit of free time before bed at night, you can do these. They are quick AND effective. So, here we go. It’s time to get those legs in shape!
Easy Leg Workouts: Squats, Squats, Squats
It’s no secret that squats are one go-to, easy leg workouts option. Plus, they are great for your butt as well. And, there are so many variations of leg squats that you can adapt them to your skill level. However, basic body weight squats are simple enough for any skill level, and if you are know right away you need something more advanced, head straight for the jumping squat.
1. Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
2. Sit your butt directly back, as if sitting in a chair, bending at the knees until they are parallel with the ground (make sure you are putting most weight on your heels).
3. While keeping your core as tight as possible, stand back up. Then, repeat.
During these squats on our easy leg workouts list, you can bring your arms directly out in front of you as you sit backwards, releasing them to your sides when standing.
1. Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder width apart.
2. Sit your butt directly back, just as you would do a traditional body weight squat, and bend your knees until they are parallel with the ground.
3. Jump into the air as high as feels comfortable while straightening your legs.
4. Land back on the floor as gently as possible, immediately sitting into the next squat, repeat.
Easy Leg Workouts: Leg Raises
The best part of this easy leg workout, you get to lie on the ground. And, it is still effective in tightening your thighs, and you butt. With this easy leg workout, make sure to switch sides and do an equal amount of reps with the right and left leg.
Side Leg Raise
1. Lie on your side (it doesn’t matter which one, as you’ll be doing both sides) with your legs straight out, one on top of the other. You can either prop yourself up with your forearm, or lie down on the mat.
2. Lift your top leg towards the ceiling. In a slow, yet steady, motion. Make sure you are lifting from the hip and not your lower back.
3. Lower your leg back down to the starting position. Repeat.
For added difficulty with this options for easy leg workouts, hold the leg in the air for a few seconds before lowering it. And again, make sure to do an equal amount of leg raises with both legs. This advice goes for all of our easy leg workouts.
Easy Leg Workouts: Bridges
Yet another option for easy leg workouts you can do while lying on the floor. I told you these were quick, easy and effective! The hip bridge is one easy leg workouts option that also targets your hips and butt, making it a multi-functional workout. It doesn’t require a lot of space, and is a great go-to easy leg workouts option for the morning time.
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent, facing up.
2. Push through your heels as you raise your butt off the ground. Your back should form a straight line from your knees to your shoulders.
3. Hold this position for 3-5 seconds (depending on your body).
4. Slowly lower your butt back to the ground. Repeat.
Easy Leg Workouts: Final Thoughts
All of these easy leg workouts can be done in a variation of reps. If you are just getting back into working out, start with less reps. Then, slowly start increasing them. If you feel ready, start off with multiple reps right away. The best part, it’s up to you. And, since you’ll be doing these in the comfort of your own home, you don’t have to feel bad about anything.
Start putting these easy leg workouts into your daily life. Whether it’s in the morning before work, while you’re binge watching your new television show, or before you go to bed, these Easy Leg Workouts can easily be done at any time. You don’t have to put in strenuous hours at the gym. You just need to implement exercise into your regular routine. Believe me, you’ll be shocked at the difference these Easy Leg Workouts can make. You can check out other easy exercises here! We have easy cardio exercises, and an easy workout routine, too.